Origin : Dow Chemical
Packing : 190 kgs/ drum
CH3OCH2CHOHCH3 (Major isomer)
A fast-evaporating, hydrophilic glycol ether with excellent active solvency and coupling abilities.
DOWANOL PM glycol ether is the fastest evaporating solvent in the DOWANOL glycol ether family. With very high water solubility and active solvency, DOWANOL PM glycol ether is widely used in coating and cleaning applications. It offers better viscosity reduction than heavier molecular weight glycol ethers and is particularly effective in epoxy and high solids acrylic systems. DOWANOL PM can also be used in combination with DOWANOL PnB glycol ether in glass cleaning formulations.
- Active solvent for solvent-based coatings.
- Active and tail solvent for solvent based gravure and flexographic printing inks.
- Coupling agent in solvent blends for water-based gravure, flexographic, and silk screen printing inks.
- Carrier solvent for ball point and felt tip writing pen inks.
- Coupling agent and solvent for household and industrial cleaners, rust removers, and hard surface cleaners.
- Solvent for agricultural pesticides, deactivator and emollient for livestock pesticides.
- Powerful solvency
- Moderate evaporation rate
- Low viscosity
- High dilution ratio
- Low surface tension
- Coupling ability
- Wide range of applications
Solvents for paints and lacquers in which it reduces the tendency to blushing.Solvent for leather seasoning, pint, varnish removers and stains, inks and printing inks.Couplingagent in the production of emulsifiableoils.Extraction agent for anibiotics.Additive for hydraulic fluids and metal degreasing agent.